Where Do I Think Things Will Go From Here? by J. Parnell McCarter
God, who is sovereign over everything that happens
and who has predestined the beginning to the end, is giving us Donald Trump as
President of the USA. It has been my guess since June 2015 that this would
happen. It has also been my prayer since June 2015 that it would happen, for
the reasons I explain at http://www.puritans.net/articles/globalism.htm
. I am thankful this is what God brought about.
I think it signals that while Anglo America is still under divine
judgment, it is likely not destined for total annihilation like some nations in
world history, such as
Where do I think things will go from here? I am not a prophet, and so I have no special revelation from God. I am just an ordinary guy who is trying to piece together the data in order to come up with what I think is a possible future scenario and arguably even the likely future scenario. I submit this, recognizing I may get egg on my face if my guesses prove wrong, even as I risked egg on my face when I guessed since June 2015 that Mr. Trump would likely become President.
My starting point for studying the past or future
history of the world is the Bible. Even
more specifically, the Book of Revelation is the source of knowledge of world
history in the Christian era, for it is the divine prophecy of history from the
Apostolic era to the future Second Coming of Christ
and beyond. For reasons explained in the
book at http://www.historicism.net/aBrakel.htm
(Rev. Wilhelmus a Brakel's
commentary on Revelation and a foreword explaining its relevance today), we
seem to be in that period of world history described in Revelation chapters
16-18. This is a time when a modern
Here is an outline of what I guess will happen from here (some elements of which are not guesses at all, but clearly taught doctrines of scripture, while others are clearly more conjectural):
It is likely that President Trump will
largely enact the agenda he campaigned on, while also trying to hold the
The USA under President Trump is on a
collision course with many of the other powerful nations of the world
(especially in the EU), over issues such as climate change, Iran's nuclear
program, Israel's policy toward the Palestinians, movement of people across
national borders, and trade policy.
There is the distinct possibility this could end up in a major world war
("Armageddon") and a scenario in which the
US territory moves away from the Babel model, I would anticipate many American
Jews, who have been major proponents of the Babel model here in the USA, will emigrate to Israel, even as many Jews have emigrated from
the former Soviet Union to Israel in the last 30 years. Once in
· The Papacy (which is the Romish Beast of 7 hills with ten horns in Revelation) would then likely resume the superpower status it lost during the Protestant Reformation, following the fall of the USA. Certain powerful nations of the world would give her this power, even as we read in Revelation 17:16-17 ("And the ten horns which thou sawest upon the beast, these shall hate the whore, and shall make her desolate and naked, and shall eat her flesh, and burn her with fire. For God hath put in their hearts to fulfil his will, and to agree, and give their kingdom unto the beast, until the words of God shall be fulfilled.")
· During the period of Papal superpower status, the fullness of the Gentiles would likely enter the visible Christian church. The Roman Catholic Church would be the major professedly Christian denomination, even as in many ways it has been. Thus through this point Christendom would still be in a largely corrupted state, with many un-Biblical elements and even an unsound gospel. This is true of the various branches of Christendom: the Roman Catholic Church, the Eastern Orthodox Church, and many of the nominally Protestant churches. I would not be surprised if in this period, and the period leading up to it, a number of the nominally Protestant denominations even formally unite with Rome, as has been the objective of recent Popes.
· The Jews would then convert to Biblical Christianity, immediately following the fullness of the Gentiles having come into the Christian church (Romans 11:25).
· The Jews would spearhead reformation and the extirpation of the Papacy from the world by the proclamation of God’s word (Revelation 19:20, II Thessalonians 2:8, Romans 11:15). The Jews have been given the privilege by God to lead the Gentile nations of the world into a sound form of Christianity, and away from the spiritual corruptions which have plagued her, especially in modern times as history has moved away from the Protestant Reformation era. With the extirpation of the Romish Papacy and kingdom from the face of the earth, the last manifestation of a Babylonian empire in world history will have been removed.
· The nations of the world would join Jews in this renewed and worldwide Protestant Reformation. There would thus be a millennial Protestant Reformation, wherein the nations of the earth professedly submit to Jesus Christ according to the principles of the reformed Protestant faith.
· At the end of the "millennium" (likely not a literal 1000 years) there would be a significant rebellion of nations against sound reformed Christianity, likely led by many Gentiles of Germanic extraction, of which Anglos and Anglo Americans are a part. Pride and materialism have been the recurring twin evils besetting the Germanic peoples, in a wrong response to the material blessing we have enjoyed from God. It has gotten us into the current mess we find ourselves in before the "millennium", and it likely will get us into another mess as a people after the "millennium".
· This rebellion will be cut short by the Second Coming of Christ, immediately followed by the Great Day of Judgment, and then the ushering in of the New Heavens and the New Earth for God's elect.
My fellow Americans, we are all responsible for the raising up of the modern Tower of Babel. We are guilty, guilty, guilty; while God is holy, holy, holy. God will dismantle this rebellious edifice brick by brick until it is left in ruins.
The above is my guess at the future course of history. It is explained more fully in books and articles at www.puritans.net , as well as the book described at http://www.historicism.net/aBrakel.htm . For reasons explained there, I believe there is a distinct possibility the "millennium" will commence 2000 years after the resurrection of Jesus Christ and 6000 years after the Creation of the world, so around 2033-2034 AD, which commences the seventh millennial "day" of world history. Time will tell. Thankfully, God is sovereign over all, and Jesus Christ will receive the glory, whether or not my every guess regarding future events is correct or not.