The USA began as a confederation of States, the States sending delegates to the Continental Congress to represent them. The Articles of Confederation of this confederated USA were written in 1776 and in effect as the constitution of this confederated USA until 1789, when unadvisedly and illegally replaced by a federal USA under the federal constitution.
Here were some of the things accomplished during the period the Articles of Confederation were in effect as the constitution of the confederated USA:
· The confederated USA defeated the most powerful nation and empire in the world at that time: the mighty British Empire.
· The Land Ordinance of 1785 established both the general practices of land surveying in the west and northwest and the land ownership provisions used throughout the later westward expansion beyond the Mississippi River. Frontier lands were surveyed into the now-familiar squares of land called the township (36 square miles), the section (one square mile), and the quarter section (160 acres). This system was over time carried forward to most of the States west of the Mississippi.
· The importation of foreign slaves to individual states was stopped (https://www.britannica.com/topic/The-Founding-Fathers-and-Slavery-1269536).
· The Northwest Ordinance of 1787 noted the agreement of the original States to give up northwestern land claims, organized the Northwest Territory and laid the groundwork for the eventual creation of new states. While it did not happen under the Articles, the land north of the Ohio River and west of the (present) western border of Pennsylvania ceded by Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Pennsylvania, and Virginia, eventually became the states of: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, and Wisconsin, and the part of Minnesota east of the Mississippi River. New states admitted to the Union in this territory would never be slave states, according to the Northwest Ordinance. They were added as such without significant North-South controversy because Southern States did not need to worry about an all-powerful and intrusive central federal government that would come and crush them into submission to the Northern paradigm. Without a supreme central government, the States were not under the pressure cooker of fitting within one paradigm. The Southern States were thus able to address it as they determined to be prudent and circumstances on the ground allowed.
· Notable progress was made in settling the area between the Appalachians and the Mississippi River, the States working with the confederated government.
· There were no federal taxes levied against the citizens of the States of the USA, including no federal income taxes.
· There was no “global nation” agenda being rammed down the throats of Anglo-American patriots, with “open borders” immigration of nations and peoples who could not assimilate into the Christian Anglo-American patriot people.
· The confederated USA was not a centralized empire ruled by an elite few in Washington, DC.
· There was no out-of-control federal judicial branch of unelected, unaccountable and tenured judges passing mandates upon Americans.
· There was no federal government that did not follow the constitution itself while hammering the States and people with all sorts of wicked mandates.
· There were no federal laws which disadvantaged Anglo-American patriots by which and for which the nation was formed, to the benefit of other peoples.
· There was no out-of-control federal executive branch making wars without Congressional approval and a massive, unelected bureaucracy enacting regulation-upon-regulation.
· A major rebellion in Massachusetts (Shays Rebellion) was quelled by the Massachusetts militia and without a massive standing federal army.
· There was no government owned and controlled central bank wielding monopoly economic power.
· A recession was handled without federal government intrusion and amassing of power and counter-productive addition to debt, but instead letting the market work through the situation with foreclosures and business re-organizations.
· The nation was professedly Christian for the professedly Christian Anglo-American patriot people, as implied by the Articles.
Does this really have the marks of un-success? Or perhaps could it be that the propaganda machine of those who want ever more power and money than is good for them or the nation has sold the American public falsehoods?
But if this is “un-success” in the eyes of those wanting a central government empire, then please bring on that “un-success”. Here is how:
Goal: restore confederated USA of Anglo-American Patriot States, under the Articles of Confederation (America’s first constitution that was unadvisedly and illegally abandoned), with America’s first national flag (the Continental Colors or Grand Union flag) as the symbol of our enterprise:
This confederated USA can have partitioned out of the USA those liberal “blue” areas in a sea of “red” areas that remain part of the USA, such as illustrated here:
Method: create a network of Committees of Correspondence of Anglo-American patriots in every State of the USA. Each State Committee will in turn elect a State Council/Assembly, which can then send delegates to a restored Continental Congress under the Articles of Confederation.
Time to Form Committee Network and Restore Continental Congress: Now!!! Please join in this effort by joining your State’s Committee of Correspondence: http://www.puritans.net/articles/State%20Committees%20of%20Correspondence%20by%20State.htm .
Time When the State Committees and Continental Congress can Replace the current Federal System of Government: during the likely coming major financial collapse (due to ever increasing debt) and fall of the Federal System. The current Federal System is economically, politically and morally bankrupt, and hence highly unstable. It is amassing more and more debt, making it subject to a coming financial collapse which will make the collapse of 2008 look tame in comparison. It has become more and more of a socialist police state over a “global nation” increasingly difficult to manage, especially in a coming time of financial collapse. Hostile foreign competitors like China and Russia (working with rogue states like North Korea and Iran) are gathering strength and positioning themselves to bring down the US Federal government as well, while the Federal System is over-extended with military outposts around the world. Federal efforts to maintain abortion, mandate “gay marriage”, promote the “LGBT” agenda, curtail gun rights, etc., at a time of rising suicide rates, an opioid crisis, and declining birthrates, are evidence of moral bankruptcy. All combined, there are good reasons to believe the Federal System will fall, with the alternative Confederated System waiting in the wings to replace it.
Index of Articles related to this Cause: http://www.puritans.net/articles/indexarticlesconfederation.htm .