This Network is being privately initiated but with the hope that the Georgetown Township, MI Board in the future will assume superintendence over it in the manner it deems appropriate. The Network is being designed to carry out the following functions for Township citizens:
1. Organize and coordinate neighborhood watches in every sector of the Township: Each sector group of adult watch members will elect its own coordinator. For those sectors without a current neighborhood watch, a volunteer organizing coordinator will seek participating members in the sector and organize it, until there are sufficient members in the sector to elect a sector coordinator.
2. Facilitate communication among the neighborhood watch sectors, Township authorities, and with area police and other civil authorities
3. Empower and provide resources to neighborhood watches which they would otherwise lack, such as the legal ability to set up roadblocks in emergency situations when authorized by the Township, the police and other civil authorities
4. Enable the structure for a Township citizens’ militia well regulated and superintended by Township Board government in accordance with the Second Amendment of the Federal Constitution and the Articles of Confederation (the USA’s original constitution), which can be called upon in emergencies
5. Assist in emergency situations, like prolonged power outages, including emergency preparedness
The committee overseeing the Network will consist of sector coordinators described above, which in the future will hopefully be superintended by the Township Board. The committee members will elect its leadership from among committee members. The elected committee leader of each town’s network could in turn serve on the county’s committee.
Only US citizens residing in Georgetown Township may be members of the Network, and voting for coordinators will be in writing and public. There will be no secret ballots (a practice not adopted in the USA until well after a century of its formation), and voting will be completely transparent. This is important, because part of today’s crisis is that elections have become corrupted, expensive, and untrustworthy.
The huge cyber attack perpetrated against the USA recently*, in what some are calling a “digital Pearl Harbor”, on top of a number of other on-going crises, indicates the need for the Network. While we hope such emergency situations will not arise, we should be well prepared as a Township in case they do.
The main social network group with information and discussion on this Network will be:
It is hoped that this effort in Georgetown Township will be duplicated in many other townships across the USA, as a means to rebuild our constitutional rights by God’s grace and to the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. Restoring local and state citizen militias of American patriots is an important instrument to restore the USA’s founding principles and blessings.