The following is my genealogy back to the Johnsons and Slaydens of colonial Virginia:
My mother’s grandfather was Thomas P. Johnson (10/20/1856 – 3/11/1945) of Tennessee. He married Edna Jenkins (3/10/1875-2/4/1972) of Waco in 1894, who was about 20 years younger than him. Edna was the daughter of Phillip A. Jenkins (1829-1911) from Virginia who came and settled in Waco. He married Edna Jenkins after his first wife died.
Thomas P. Johnson came to Bosqueville, Texas, following his brother John Euell Johnson (1854-1956), who first came there from Tennessee. John Euell Johnson’s son was Euell Dee Johnson (1923-2011) – https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/75941952 ,
Below are the parents of Thomas P. Johnson, as well as John Euell Johnson:
70-L-7 Winifred (Slayden) married W Henry Johnson, Nov 22, 1848 in Maury co, TN, which is south of Nashville.
Here is their lineage:
http://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/slayton/339/ – descent of Winifred Slayden by generation-
1. Winifred Slayden of Tennessee
2. Benjamin Slayden and Polly Pistole
3. Joseph and Mildred Slayden
4. Arthur (1704-1787) and Rachel Slayden of Goochland co, VA. Arthur was born in New Kent, VA. More info: https://www.ancestry.co.uk/boards/surnames.slayden/19/mb.ashx
5. John Sladden (? – 1720) John died after 30th of March 1720, near Slayden’s Mill along Slayden Creek, Saint Paul’s Parish, Hanover County, Virginia. Info: http://www.genealogy.com/forum/surnames/topics/slatton/42/ . Members of the established Anglican church of Virginia. Part of the early English settlement along the James River of Virginia.
https://www.wikitree.com/wiki/Johnson-55528 – background of William Henry Johnson (abt. 1825 – abt. 1894) by generation-
1. William Henry Johnson (1825 in Albemarle, VA – 1894)
2. Norvell Spencer Johnson Sr. (1795 in Albemarle, VA -1855)
3. Benjamin F Johnson (1764 in Goochland Co , VA – 1846 in Maury, TN)
4. Joseph Johnson (1724-1781 in Goochland Co , VA )
5. John Johnson (1697 St Peters Parish,New Kent County,Virginia -1750 )
6. Michael Johnson (1680- 1719 in Henrico County, Virginia) married to Sarah Watson. Info: http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lksstarr/reports/MicSarJns.txt and http://homepages.rootsweb.ancestry.com/~lksstarr/reports/michjoh.txt . Members of the established Anglican church of Virginia. Part of the early English settlement along the James River of Virginia.